Posted on May 14 2020
How to Remove Wrinkles from Bedding
Life is hectic. We get it. We've all left our bedding in the washing machine from time to time, rushing out of the door and then remembering when we come back home. Unfortunately, those hours of tangled fabric left in the machine can mean creases set in our bedding.
Don't worry. The simplest solution is to rewash them. But when you do, remember cotton creases most when scrunched or twisted. Follow the tips below to keep it smooth and wrinkle-free. You might not even need to iron!
WASHING TIPS for Wrinkle-Free Bedding
- Untangle your bedding before placing it in the washing machine.
- Wash bedding separately with plenty of room in the machine.
- Avoid overloading with other items. Squashed bedding means creases.
- Remove promptly at the end of the washing cycle. If it dries inside the machine, creases will set.
- Wash at a low temperature.
DRYING TIPS for Wrinkle-Free Bedding
- Air dry if possible. Hanging sheets on the line leaves them smooth and flat. The weight of the water means gravity does much of the work for you.
- If air drying isn't an option, tumble dry on low heat. For best results, remove bedding from the dryer while still a little damp. Put it back on the bed or iron while slightly damp.
IRONING TIPS for Wrinkle-Free Bedding
If you have time to iron, it’s worth doing so. It will smooth out stubborn creases and leave your bedding looking brand new.
- Iron sheets while they're still a little damp. This makes ironing easier and quicker. If your sheets dry while tangled or squashed, they will be difficult to iron.
- Invest in a good iron. A steam iron is worth the money. You might even enjoy using it. One we love: Philips PerfectCare Steam Iron
- Use a wide ironing board. The greater the surface area, the easier it is to remove creases.
If your bedding comes out of the wash full of wrinkles, wash it again following the steps above. Let the machine re-do the work for you. It's easier than trying to iron out a sheet full of creases.
We developed 100% cotton bedding
that does not require ironing.
HOW TO KEEP YOUR BEDDING WRINKLE-FREE
Here are some tips to keep your bedding wrinkle-free.
- Make your bed every morning. Get into the habit. It prevents creases from developing and setting through the day. Leaving your bed sheets crumpled in a pile means they are much more likely to wrinkle than if you take the time to smooth down your duvet cover and pillowcases.
- Spritz your sheets with water. Once you’ve made your bed, gently spritz tap water across your sheets and duvet cover. It's a quick way of keeping your bed looking sharp. The water helps creases to smoothen. Once dry, you’ll have gloriously crisp sheets.
- Wash your bedding regularly. Washing your sheets every week is good for cleanliness and hygiene. It also helps remove stubborn creases and lines. Be careful when loading your washing machine: follow the steps above!